AF-S NIKKOR 400MM F/2.8E FL ED VR Primary Features
• A super-telephoto fixed focal length (prime) lens with a focal length of 400mm*2 and a maximum aperture of f/2.8 compatible with Nikon full-frame DSLR cameras
• Superior optical performance from a new optical design with which fluorite lens elements, ED lens elements, and Nano Crystal Coat
• Lighter weight from the adoption of fluorite lens elements and components made of magnesium alloy
• Fitted with a tripod collar ring that utilizes bearings
• Equipped with an electro-magnetic aperture mechanism for more stable auto-exposure with high-speed continuous shooting
• Equipped with a vibration reduction (VR) function for camera shake compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop*3 increase in shutter speed
• Provided with Sport vibration reduction mode
• Adoption of meniscus protective glass with a fluorine coat, produced using a process exclusive to Nikon for greater durability and superior resistance to water and oils, for the extreme front lens element
*2 When used with a Nikon DX-format digital SLR camera, the effective angle of view is equivalent to that of a lens with a 600mm focal length in 35mm  format.
*3 NORMAL mode; measured in accordance with CIPA standards.